Front Page News

Humane Society Offering Reward for Information in ‘The Worst Abuse Case They’ve Ever Seen’

The Humane Society of Utah is offering a $5,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person (or people) responsible for the torture of a 6-year-old gray and white cat named Sage in Clearfield, Utah.

Sage could use all 9 of his lives right now. He’s barely clinging to life after what he’s been through. He disappeared on Saturday and returned early Wednesday morning. Sage’s owner, China Cassel couldn’t believe the condition he was in. She made a Facebook post detailing it:

The Humane Society of Northern Utah will cover the veterinary hospital expenses for Sage. The Humane Society of Utah is putting up a $5,000 reward for information that leads to the arrest and conviction of whoever is responsible for what Debbie Barnes, Human Society of Northern Utah president says is, “the worst abuse case I have ever seen.”

If you would like to make a donation to help with Sage’s ongoing medical care, contact the Humane Society of Northern Utah (HSNU) at 801-603-1905.
Anyone with information regarding who may be responsible for the torture of Sage is urged to contact Davis County Animal Services at 801-444-2200. Your tips can remain anonymous.
UPDATE: We are saddened to report that Sage passed away as a result of his injuries on Thursday evening. Our deepest condolences go out to the Cassel family during this sad time:

1. Barb

Mar 9, 2017 at 1:34 pm

Boil the bast ard in hot glue. And dope them in the desert

• Dennis Harmon

Mar 9, 2017 at 1:48 pm

This just sickens me to NO END! I hope they find who did this and put there asses in JAIL where they belong. This poor cat did not deserve this and no animal should. GOD SPEED SAGE.

2. Linda Burnett

Mar 9, 2017 at 7:46 pm

I am so very sorry that Sage had to undergo this cruel torture! My thoughts and prayer are with him and his family! I pray for his survival and I hope the catch the perpetrator(s) of this crime and nail their asses to the wall! Sage deserves justice and we are his voice of outrage!!!

3. Esmeralda

Mar 9, 2017 at 9:39 pm

I would go to jail if I found the mother fuckers that did it, cause I would fuck them up so bad that if I didn’t kill then, they would wish they were dead! Makes me sick!!! I wish I hadn’t seen this! Ima so angry now!! My heart goes out to this poor little baby and their family, I can’t even imagine their pain .. Im so sorry pieces of shit like this exist

4. Jane Reese

Mar 9, 2017 at 11:16 pm

There is no torture horrible enough for the morons who inflicted this pain in something so helpless and vulnurable. Burning them alive, gluing their orifices closed, skinning them alive – what can we as a society do to stop the wave of torture against God’s innocent creatures? My heart aches for Sage and his family. I lost my beloved Sophie cat and can only pray that no stupid cruel imbeciles ever got her. Pkease let us stand together against this cruelty and dmand it be lunished accordingly. God rest your sweet soul at the rainbow bridge Sage. We will see to it your torturers find agony and misery ahead.

5. Mirian Hasani

Mar 10, 2017 at 2:03 pm

It totally broke my heart. There are some of us that give everything to help an animal or a cat and then there are sick SOB that do this. I hope they will get who did this and I hope he gets what he deserves. Please don’t put him in jail…. FEED HIM TO THE LIONS !!!! They will probably end up throwing him up though~

6. L randle

Mar 10, 2017 at 9:18 pm

I firmly believe an eye for an eye. These animals should have the same things done to them. If these were teenagers who did this, boy is society in trouble

7. Tana wright

Mar 10, 2017 at 9:43 pm

So sorry to hear of sage’s passing. Lots of prayers to sages family. 5hank you for all you do & get that psychopath!

8. Jan

Mar 11, 2017 at 5:46 pm

Farewell Sage – Prayers for Sage, and all your family. Thank you.

9. Pingback: Reward in Tortured Utah Cat Case Climbs to Nearly $50K – The Catington Post