Advertisement

Rescue Stories

Las Vegas Firefighters Revive Cat With CPR During House Fire

A cat in Las Vegas is down to only 8 lives now after a house fire last Friday. Fortunately, though, firefighters were on hand to save the day – again!

VIA NORTH LAS VEGAS FIRE DEPARTMENT

VIA NORTH LAS VEGAS FIRE DEPARTMENT

The North Las Vegas Fire Department responded to calls about a single-story home on fire and they were able to put the blaze out after about 37 minutes. The couple who lived in the home weren’t there at the time, so no human lives were in danger, but the cat who lived there wasn’t so lucky.

A neighbor, Calvin Lynch, told the firefighters he thought the couple had a pet dog. Close – it was a cat. Moments later, firefighters came out carrying a lifeless feline, hooked it up to oxygen, and performed CPR. Amazingly, the kitty was revived! Way to go!

Lynch told KNTV:

“I didn’t really see it move after that. It actually kind of shook me, so I turned the other way. I just thought it was awesome that they were able to bring it back to life.”

The blaze, which caused about $100,000 in damage, was determined to be electrical and accidental, officials said. As of Friday afternoon, the cat was in good condition and the Red Cross is assisting the home’s occupants.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Just when this dog-eat-dog world has handed you all the poop you can take, it's time to walk the dog. Or wash the dog. Or feed the dog. You get the idea. So welcome to the world of easy-to-care-for cats. Entertainment comes bundled in a furry, huggable, self-cleaning cat who won't beg for your food. In his eyes, you don't eat well enough anyway. Just keep a laser pen handy, sit back and wait for the fun to begin! Cats...ya gotta love 'em.

Become a Contributor!

Copyright © 2016 Catington Post.

To Top
shares
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest cat news, recalls, and kitty contests!

You have Successfully Subscribed!