A family in Indianapolis are safe after an early morning house fire, thanks to their pet cat.
The Indianapolis Fire Department were called to the 3400 block of Hovey just before 6:30 a.m. Wednesday morning and found the home’s furnace on fire. They were able to quickly extinguish the fire, which completely totaled the furnace and burned some of the walls and a closet door where the furnace was located.
It could have been much worse, however, if not for the family’s cat – who alerted one of the four family members by jumping on the bed and waking them up.
The furnace was deemed a total loss. The rest of the home sustained minimal damage. However, the family (and their hero cat) will be staying elsewhere until they can replace the furnace.
Way to go, kitty!