Valentine’s Day is just a few weeks away, and there’s no better time to make sure your cat is feline fine. While we would all love to gift our kitten a new scratcher, it’s not always reasonable to spend hundreds of dollars on our pets at every Hallmark holiday. There are, however, ways to show your cat how much you love them this Valentine’s day without breaking the bank.
From DIY cat treats to just treating your cat to mental and physical wellness this holiday, these budget-friendly ideas are the perfect way to spoil your kitten, and keep him or her out of your hair long enough to enjoy a nice Valentine’s Day, or Galentine’s Day, dinner. Here’s our idea of a purr-fect February 14th with your feline:
- Take a trip to the vet: While it might not be the happiest place on earth, physical wellness is at the forefront of a happy kitty.
- Create a DIY cat hammock: Your cat will love lounging in this swinging hammock, just as much as your couch will love a break from the clawing. All you’ll need is some scissors, an old blanket, and a box to DIY this comfy lounger.
- Make a homemade fancy dinner: Because nothing says ‘I love you’ quite like a labor of love. Make your cat a homemade meal with three easy ingredients:
- Six parts muscle meat with ground bone (chicken thighs, drumsticks)
- One part gizzards or organs (chicken liver, heart, stomach)
- 1/2 part egg (as a protein-rich binder)
For even more budget-friendly ways to show your cat you love them this season, try these 10 price-sensitive pet-loving ideas, courtesy of Possible Finance: