A Las Vegas family is alive today, thanks to the middle-of-the-night antics of their cat waking them up and alerting them to a fire in the garage. KTNV-TV in Las Vegas reports that a fire broke out at a home in the Summerlin community around 2 o’clock in the morning on Sunday. The husband and wife were asleep, but woke up when their cat was scratching at the kitchen cabinets. When the husband got up to check on the cats, that’s when he found a fire burning in the garage.
They immediately called 911 and evacuated their nephew, who was visiting, and the cat.
Firefighters say no injuries were reported. While there was very little damage inside the home, the fire spread so quickly it completely destroyed two cars in the garage. The cause of the fire has yet to be determined.