Grooming

How to Trim Your Cat’s Claws (Without Stressing Out Your Cat…Or You!)

Dr. Tony Buffington, a veterinarian, researcher and professor at Ohio State, has a goal of making all cats’ lives better. In this video, he explains how to properly get your cat used to having his or her nails trimmed, and how to trim them the right way.

How does your cat like having his nails trimmed?

1. Lori Helmick

Jun 17, 2016 at 8:10 pm

You should tell them how long is too long to leave that clip on. People would be leaving it on all day trying to calm hyper kittens.

2. Lisa Caudill

Jun 18, 2016 at 5:47 am

i begin when my kitten comes home to start rubbing their paws and getting them used to me touching their paws and pushing the nail out..this makes them comfortable with it and me too and i just love touching the soft pads anyway lol…i have had cats for over 20 years and not had a problem with any of my cats when i do this

• Kamryn

Dec 5, 2016 at 7:59 am

This inercduots a pleasingly rational point of view.

Jan 18, 2017 at 10:54 pm

BC,Get with the program and become assimilated, will ya? Up. Up! Everything is moving upward because B.O. has brought us “Hope.” No lowercase “h”s for him. Nosiree Bob. Debt doesn’t matter. Loss of manufacturing doesn’t matter. Alt-A does not matter. Hope, is all that matters.So, roll another one. Just like the other one. You’ve been holding onto it, and we sure would like a hit of Hopium.

• kfz versicherung polo 1.4

Feb 2, 2017 at 11:23 am

Now that’s subtle! Great to hear from you.

• beste zinsen konto

Feb 16, 2017 at 10:03 am

Help, I’ve been informed and I can’t become ignorant.

3. susan

Jun 22, 2016 at 5:48 pm

Sorry…my cat would sink her teeth into you…I wrap her in a towel and have a friend come over to help.

• DJ

Jun 29, 2016 at 7:42 pm

That’s what I do. I make a cat burrito!

4. Linda Dyer

Jun 29, 2016 at 3:39 pm

Why does my cat put her toys I her food dish?

5. Torie

Dec 5, 2016 at 9:11 pm

TYVM you’ve solved all my prmbleos

6. versicherung cabrio 1.8

Feb 5, 2017 at 2:56 pm

That comment is ridiculous, you look great and perfectly healthy! I'd love to see what anonymous looks like…Love the sequin top and skirt, hop you're enjoying London. I'm a native Londoner and there's so much to see and do, though I'm moving to the U.S soon!

7. sonic 2 heroes hack for android

Feb 14, 2017 at 10:46 am

my favorite comment:“I’m big in Japan.”how on earth is that even the least bit relevant? i think you should all stop being so hateful about a silly request and design a logo! if you don’t like it, stop reading the blog!as a creative in the art community, i’m not offended in the least, zak. keep on keepin’ on!

8. http://www.loboheights.com/

Feb 15, 2017 at 11:58 am

Cette pâte à pie et l’association fraises-rhubarbe, c’est exactement la recette que je cherche depuis qu’un ami américain nous l’avait concocté…il y a quelques années! Merci.