Animal Advocates

It’s Legal to Kill Your Cat in Missouri

legal to kill a cat in MissouriAs shocking and disgusting as this headline is…more shocking is the fact that it’s true.

Missouri’s current animal abuse law prevents prosecution of residents who kill their pets. In fact, it says that an animal’s owner can kill the pet in any way. The 30-year old law prohibits killing animals in certain ways or intentionally causing injury or suffering to animals. It does not apply to “the killing of an animal by the owner.”

The spotlight is on Missouri’s current animal abuse law after a Kansas City area man drowned his cat in Lake Waukomis after it scratched his fiance. According to a police report, on Sunday, July 14th, 2013, Thomas Newhouse admitted that he put his so-called vicious cat in a carrier and drowned the pet in a Platte County lake. It’s reported that the cat bit and scratched the man’s fiance and daughter-in-law.

Newhouse and his fiance made the decision to end the cat’s life the night before, when the scratching incident occurred. After attending church, he put the cat in a carrier, took it to the dock behind his home and submerged the cat and carrier in the water until the cat was dead. There were several eyewitnesses, including children. A witness called 911 and Newhouse was cited for drowning his cat (a misdemeanor).

Platte County Prosecutor Erick Zahnd refuses to press charges, saying, “I find the manner in which this animal was killed disheartening, but the law says an owner can kill an animal in any way.”

He continued, “If a person’s intent is to cause suffering or pain to an animal, that’s still a crime, but in this case the only evidence was that his intent was actually to kill this animal. Even though the animal may have experienced suffering during that killing, the law says an owner cannot be prosecuted.”

The act, and the fact that prosecutors say it was completely within legal limits, has caused enormous public outcry – including an online petition to have the law changed and charge Newhouse with felony animal cruelty charges.

Thomas Newhouse committed a horrific act of cruelty – in broad daylight, in front of children – and was only given a citation. This man should be charged with felony animal abuse. It’s even more disturbing that he planned to end this cat’s life the night before. If this family felt comfortable enough with the cat to wait a day to drown it, why not admit the cat into a shelter or, at the very least, have him humanely euthanized by a veterinarian?

What are your thoughts about Missouri’s absurd animal abuse law?

1. vance jones

Oct 15, 2013 at 4:31 pm

after attending church no less. guess the holy spirit is not so strong with this one

• Diane Cam

Oct 18, 2013 at 11:46 am

thats what happens when you make babies with your parents. they are all so into the bible and behave like the devil.

2. Joyce Long

Oct 17, 2013 at 12:46 pm

THIS IS A OUTRAGE!!!!!!!!! Please don’t let the liberals get away with this. Please protect these poor defenseless animals.

• MT Hall

Oct 17, 2013 at 1:02 pm

Are you nuts? This has nothing to do with being a liberal. The liberals are the ones being condemned for their compassion towards the general public, not murdering cats… What an ignorant thing to say.

• Patrisia Rawlins

Oct 17, 2013 at 8:01 pm

I totally agree–what a stupid thing to say. It’s bad enough that the animals are not protected from murderous owners, but then to brand the murderers and politicians as liberals? Get real!

• Valerie Caliendo

Oct 18, 2013 at 6:29 am

I agree. My thoughts exactly. Thank you.

• Kathryn

Oct 18, 2013 at 9:24 pm

I totally agree with you. I’m a moderate liberal leaning cat fanatic and I would never dream of doing anything like this. Political viewpoints have nothing to do with this, get real!

• CHill

Oct 17, 2013 at 1:52 pm

The liberals?? I’m not one but that is a ridiculous statement.

• Mahrianne Santaniello

Oct 17, 2013 at 1:53 pm

How do you know this man is a liberal? Politics have nothing to do with this, except trying to change the law.

• Nash

Oct 17, 2013 at 5:29 pm

How is this a liberal thing? WTF is wrong with you?? You are an outrage, you moron!

• Alisha

Oct 17, 2013 at 7:11 pm

Nanu, nanu. Planet earth does not miss you at all. Wow.

• nancy reed

Oct 17, 2013 at 11:38 pm

you are an idiot

• Valerie Caliendo

Oct 18, 2013 at 6:25 am

¿¿Liberals?? ¿How do you mean “liberals?

• Kathryn

Oct 18, 2013 at 9:27 pm

Liberals? Really? I’m a moderate liberal leaning cat fanatic and I would never dream about doing anything like this. Society in general lacks compassion and empathy. To pin this on liberals is completely ludicrous.

3. lynn

Oct 17, 2013 at 12:47 pm

If the animal is ill and suffering I can see putting it out of misery but to do it that way was unjust and cruel, if was not people friendly put it in the carrier till guests are gone don’t kill it should put you in a carrier and feel what the poor cat felt.

Oct 18, 2013 at 5:44 pm

Domesticated animals that can’t be socialized to be around humans safely are destroyed all the time. Just because you people get-off on some life-form abusing and disrespecting you doesn’t mean everyone is so mentally, emotionally, and spiritually damaged as that.

Why aren’t you spending your time breeding antisocial behavior out of your cats like they do for dogs? Because you love the abuse. You actually get off on it.

Oct 18, 2013 at 5:47 pm

A perfect example of your self-victimizing behavior: You let your cats roam free to get hit by cars, lap up poisons, or attacked by other animals. Then you blame the universe, “oh why OH WHY did your cat have to die!!”

Guess what? It is YOUR FAULT that your own animal died.

People are onto your sick little games.

• Jessloveskitty

Mar 1, 2016 at 6:29 pm

I understand what your say but those examples are completely wrong and not entirely to owners fault. I should know. I’m 12 and my parents always said no to me when I asked to bring my cat inside. About 9 years later after we got her she was hit by a tractor. Now you cannot say that was my fault as her owner. It was partially my parents fault for not letting me bring her in and partially the guy who was driving the tractor for not watching where he was going. So, sir, I respectfully disagree.

4. Regina Golden

Oct 17, 2013 at 12:54 pm

THERE WERE MANY OTHER HUMANE OPTIONS…..JUST SHOWS WITHOUT A SHADOW OF A DOUBT HOW MANY SICK SICK PEOPLE ARE ON THIS EVIL PLANET….HE HAD NO RIGHT TO TAKE THE CAT’S LIFE. PEOPLE SHOULD RESPECT ALL LIFE..IT’S A GIFT, AND NOT YOURS TO TAKE AWAY.

5. Rhonda Pendleton

Oct 17, 2013 at 12:54 pm

I have no words that would not make me sound like the monster that this SOB is. May he rot in Hell.

6. Becky Kirchner

Oct 17, 2013 at 12:56 pm

WTF does being liberal have to do with this? There are many monsters out there doing this.

That’s a dumbest thing I’ve ever heard.

• MT Hall

Oct 17, 2013 at 1:03 pm

It was the post above this one and I said the same thing. 😉

7. Mahrianne Santaniello

Oct 17, 2013 at 1:50 pm

What is wrong with people!! Couldn’t he just give the cat away? Sick person and sick laws!

Oct 19, 2013 at 4:10 am

So if I know that my dog has already attacked two people, and I gladly give that dog away to someone and don’t tell them that that is a vicious animal and it attacks their children, guess who gets sued? Moron much?

He did everyone in his community a HUGE favor by drowning that cat.

• Geri

Jun 9, 2016 at 7:05 pm

I hope someone drowns you idiot!!

8. Nicole Hansen

Oct 17, 2013 at 3:09 pm

As I read this story, my thoughts are disgust and contempt for this person who waited one night before killing their cat and to do it in front of children no less. That just shows me that this person has evil in his heart and soul. All lives are special and precious and we need to respect all life, not kill life just because the cat “scratched and bit” two people. That sounds a lot like they were playing with the cat. Cats do not do that unless they are provoked and being treated cruelly other then that cats are docile and content to live the lives that they were given. This law needs to be changed and this man needs to be charged with a felony, not a misdemeanor.

9. Michaelb

Oct 17, 2013 at 4:12 pm

Given the owner is an MD, I am lean to the idea the DA is giving her a pass. The law may allow killing but the overlying law says it must be humane ( farmers must use standard methods of the community). Drowning for 5 minutes is not humane. As there was no trial, there is no double jeopardy. Encourage the DA to do the right thing. A complaint to the medical board may be in order regarding morality and ethics.

10. tina

Oct 17, 2013 at 4:50 pm

this is crazy all cats will scratch at times.. so do we drown them all? my dogs barks a strangers do i kill them.. my kids have scratched other kids what am i supposed to do with them? .. theses people and the court system are living in a different decade.. people please don’t inbreed this is what you come up with

11. Karen Genosa

Oct 17, 2013 at 6:38 pm

YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THAT THERE WERE PEOPLE THAT STOOD(WITH THEIR FINGERS UP THEIR ASSES) AND LET THIS POS DROWN HIS CAT?????THE LAW HAS TO BE CHANGED!!

12. Alisha

Oct 17, 2013 at 6:50 pm

Sounds like the perfect SICK pair. Maybe he’ll drown the fiance one day.

13. romaine brian

Oct 17, 2013 at 7:02 pm

complete crazy ive never heard anything no wonder people do such awful crimes to animals if they dont even get punished how would this man like it if someone did this to him.

14. S Wooley

Oct 17, 2013 at 7:11 pm

The idea that an owner can kill their animal in any way he chooses is completely asinine. That neither of these people have a conscience is asinine but are suited for each other. Politics does have an impact but not of a political party. The residents vote their lawmakers into office. They can also vote for stricter policies or be voted out. Wish I knew what church he attends so that I could speak with his spiritual counselor about addressing his congregation on God’s view of animals because this owner is not getting the message. Both he and his fiance will have to answer for their crime in a higher court. But they should insist on being buried in summer clothes because they might be entering a different gate and I hear its hot there.

15. jennifer foster ~North Texas~

Oct 17, 2013 at 7:16 pm

No animal should EVER have to suffer through something like this. We really do need more laws in more states to take actions against these sort of crimes. ~Every living animal, also has a heart and soul with feelings.

16. chunnie helton

Oct 17, 2013 at 7:39 pm

I have signed the petition but I cant believe all the sickos now know where to go to get away with torturing their or someone else animal we really need to change the law quickly to avoid this

17. Amy

Oct 17, 2013 at 10:28 pm

What does being a liberal have to do with murdering an innocent, defenseless animal. Having a law that allows murdering your pet, is the outrage. That anyone can gear way with this,midst he outrage. This man is a murderer. Did he think going to church, prior to killing his pet, absolves him?

18. Tracie Cheek

Oct 18, 2013 at 12:35 am

This man murders his cat, pre-meditated, in cold blood, and it’s perfectly fine. Missouri needs to change its laws ASAP. The guy is very lucky I wasn’t there…I’m afraid I would have had to hurt him and try to save that poor, innocent cat. I have afeeling that cat bit and scratched in self defense…hopefully this guy won’t get any more pets. He shouldn’t be allowed to have pets at all. Ever. He makes me sick!

19. AmyG

Oct 18, 2013 at 12:46 am

Even if his primary intent was to kill the cat, he is still guilty of intending to commit cruelty to an animal. He was the one holding the carrier underwater to drown the cat. He had to have been fully aware that the cat was suffering due to his actions. I hope his community scorns him and his fiancee.

Oct 18, 2013 at 11:58 am

You obviously have no clue to what is meant by the word “humane”. Leaving an animal alive to suffer to death (like all those who practice TNR) falls under the laws of animal cruelty. Just as any bow-hunter who shoots a deer but fails to track it all day to make sure it dies is fined and convicted of animal cruelty. But if he travels all day and finds it, and then puts it out of its misery, then that is a legal kill. Not a nice one by any means. The animal has suffered for a whole day. But at least he had the decency to put it out of its misery.

When destroying cats legally, the cat MUST die for it to be a perfectly legal kill. If you only maim a cat, then yes, that is animal cruelty.

20. Melina Reilly

Oct 18, 2013 at 3:36 am

Since Newhouse proclaims he’s looking for work (see his LinkedIn page), I sincerely hope he never holds another job again. He’s already proved himself to be a total failure as a human being. Ditto his ridiculous fiance. They both deserve a flogging.

• noel nothing

Oct 18, 2013 at 3:58 am

a flogging would only be a good start.

21. noel nothing

Oct 18, 2013 at 3:57 am

i would’ve jumped in, clean clothes & all, to save it. just because a cat clawed you doesn’t mean you kill it. maybe the cat sensed the evil inside of them. complete idiots!

22. Nancy Emmons

Oct 18, 2013 at 7:18 am

Missouri may consider it legal but it is morally reprehensible!!! And to kill an innocent animal who did only what came natural to it in front of children makes it so much sadder. I hope this guy’s karma comes back to bite him but good!

Oct 18, 2013 at 11:34 am

Dogs that are too dangerous to have around humans are put to sleep by law. Why are you willing to be subjected to abuse and disrespect from your own pets? Or are you one of those people that get-off on letting things abuse you.

• Geri

Jun 9, 2016 at 7:12 pm

Woodsman you ass, maybe the cat scratched them because they were abusing him. They have to be scum for doing what they did, so why would you take their word? Oh, that’s right, because you’re a total loser! I hope someone runs you over!!!

23. Alex

Oct 18, 2013 at 11:03 am

While I do not agree with the method of drowning used, I do believe the right to kill the animal (Genesis 1:26). If a pet or any other animal hurt my wife and/or child, I would put that animal down. If by chance I had no other “reasonable” manner to do so and drowning was the only alternative, I would drown it as humanly possible. And yes; I would probably go to church first to pray upon my intent and upcoming actions.

What I do find ridiculous is some of the comments on here. It is obvious that a lot of you consider your cats “your children”. Won’t even touch that mentality. There is no such thing as a “poor” cat, “innocent” cat, or any other adjective other than Cat. (oh, I can feel some of you beginning to whine and get angry)

While I am against cruelty to animals, I do recognize that there is a huge difference between animals and man. To attempt to treat the two the same or blend them in to one is moronic. Even God knows there is a difference.

And finally, if you have’t already began to write nasty things back at me, there are those on here that want murder or other criminal charges brought against this man…Some of you have even posted you want or wanted to do him harm! 1st dumb…you just committed a crime, 2nd..you are a hypocrite. (against the death of an animal, but kill a human, you’re all for. WOW.) The next time you have a thought….Let it go. OH, almost forgot about the religious comments…um did you forget the “judge not, for thou shall be judged”? Guess so…that or it just didn’t fit you spiritual arrogance.

• Regina

Oct 18, 2013 at 11:14 am

You are obviously white….and ignorant to all religions.

• Nancy

Oct 18, 2013 at 3:09 pm

I hope you NEVER have a cat. Just so you know up front, cats scratch. So if you aren’t willing to put up with that, please don’t get one.

24. Woodsman

Oct 18, 2013 at 11:04 am

You might also enjoy knowing …

If you advocate for cats as rodent-control on farms and ranches you’ve already doomed them to being destroyed by drowning or shooting when it becomes a financial liability more than any asset. Ranchers and farmers worldwide are fully aware that cats’ Toxoplasma gondii parasite can cause the very same birth defects (hydrocephaly and microcephaly), still-births, and miscarriages in their livestock and important wildlife as it can in pregnant women. Consequently, this is also how this cats’ brain-parasite gets into your meats and onto your dinner-tables, from herbivores ingesting this cat-parasites’ oocysts in the soils, transferred to the plants and grains that they eat. Not even washing your hands in bleach will destroy this parasites’ oocysts if you have contracted it from your garden or yard that a cat has defecated in.

This is why any cats are ROUTINELY destroyed around gestating livestock and wildlife-management areas in the most efficient, humane, and least-expensive method available. Common rural practice everywhere. The risk of financial loss from dead livestock and important native wildlife from an invasive-species cat is far too great to do otherwise. This cats’ parasite is now even killing off rare marine-mammals along all coastal regions from run-off containing this cat-parasites’ oocysts.

Children on farms and ranches also learn how to be a good steward of their lands when it comes to invasive domesticated species like cats, with one simple statement from the ecologically responsible parents (those who are directly dependent upon the very lands on which they live), “If you see a cat more’n 100 yards from any building, shoot it! It’s up to no good.”

So the next time you bite into that whole-grain veggie-muffin or McBurger, you need to just envision biting down on a shot-dead or drowned kitten or cat. For that’s precisely how that food supply got to your mouth — whether you want to face up to it or not. It’s not going to change reality no matter how much you twist your mind away from the truth of your world.

If you want to blame someone for the drowning and shooting of cats, you need to prosecute yourself — every time you eat.

Here’s some other ways that everyone humanely kills livestock for your weekend barbeques and their own animals; outside of your psychotically isolated, myopic, bambi-cartoon-educated, pavement-brained, mommy’s-basement grasp of reality:

granny-miller D0T com SLASH small-animal-livestock-euthanasia-on-the-homestead-what-you-need-to-know/

• mary durham

Jan 20, 2014 at 9:58 pm

You are talking about outdoor felines. First, cats should not be kept outdoors. It is too easy to become feral and those felines should be eliminated, generally by a gun because you should not & probably can not get close to them! They easily become rabid and often are loaded with infectious diseases. A domestic cat should be kept indoors & TRAINED. Yes, they can be trained. Cats are NOT supposed to be kept as mice/rat deterrents. THAT is what causes diseases, not the cat itself. It is people who cause that kind of disease. People and their stupid choices. Indoor cats, with their vaccinations, never eating mice or other vermin are free of those kinds of diseases. MCD, MD

• Geri

Jun 9, 2016 at 7:18 pm

Changed my mind, don’t wait for a random act. Woodsman please kill yourself now and do us all a favor. You have a demented mind, you’re obviously someone who should have been aborted. And for God’s sake, don’t procreate!!!!

• Eric

Oct 7, 2016 at 1:31 am

Geri, get a grip. Woodsman is correct on many points, as is Mary Durham. I grew up on a farm and have always loved cats. HOWEVER, I have a huge problem with them being allowed to run loose, domesticated or otherwise. It is estimated by Audobon that ONE IN TEN of our native birds is killed by cats, the majority of them being already in severe decline or endangered. Cats kill anything they can get in their mouths: mammals, reptiles, amphibians, birds and insects (e.g., butterflies, moths, praying manti). The life of one feral cat should never, EVER take precedence over the hundreds of lives of native species that the cat will take. While it is unfortunate that this man drowned his cat for the reasons stated, it should in no way be a felony. The real idiots here are the TNR crowd and others who think cats and dogs should be spared at all costs, whereas they’d never lift a finger to conserve a native species. Feral cats are really nasty animals and should be treated as such.

25. Woodsman

Oct 18, 2013 at 11:06 am

Death by hypoxia (loss of oxygen), is actually THE MOST HUMANE method of ALL forms of euthanasia. You know, those “gas chambers” over which you’ve made yourselves incredibly stupid, ignorant, and delusional.

BBC – Horizon – The Science of Killing – http://www.bbc.co D0T uk SLASH sn/tvradio/programmes/horizon/broadband/tx/executions/

In this study, death by hypoxia was found to be even more humane than lethal injection. The researcher even subjected himself to an experiment of euthanasia by hypoxia using a high-altitude (low air-pressure) chamber, and was saved at the last moment by those monitoring the situation, otherwise he would have never stopped it because it was so enjoyable to him — the researcher not even aware that he was facing death. Low air-pressure or mixtures of normal and safe gasses are also used (CO2, Nitrogen, Argon (used by welders), etc.)

This is why people who survive drowning no longer fear death. Once they get past the discomfort of holding their breath it’s just a euphoric bliss all the way until dead. This is also the source of the phrase “Rapture of the Deep” for divers when they run out of oxygen.

When administered correctly there is no better way to die.

• Nancy

Oct 18, 2013 at 3:11 pm

Not according to my vet – and especially because a number of animals are crowded together in the chamber, become anxious, and oftentimes don’t die on the first – or even the second – round.

Oct 18, 2013 at 5:11 pm

You mean your vet who gets robbed of $120 in vet fees by anyone that uses a more inexpensive and even more humane method than your vet uses? THAT vet?

• Nancy

Oct 18, 2013 at 5:40 pm

My vet who USED to work for one of the local shelters and could no longer take how they did things (such as euthanizing all the animals in the shelter in expectation of getting a bunch in from NOLA as a result of Hurricane Katrina and then getting none). My vet who helps me tremendously with my animals and my children’s animals and often offers discounts. My vet who is still paying off her student loans – remember, vet school is just as long as med school, only lacking the residency. And the vet cannot send her patients to the hospital or the lab for tests, she must OWN all the equipment she uses and stock all the drugs and food she prescribes.

And anyone who doesn’t want to pay the vet fee for euthanasia can take the animal to a shelter to do it.

Oct 19, 2013 at 3:25 am

Your vet sounds pretty desperate for money, to me. Someone that would say anything to make sure they get paid instead of someone just using a gunny-sack and a water-trough at home.

Thanks for proving my point.

Oct 19, 2013 at 3:38 am

I’ll be that your vet is even a proponent to turn your local shelter into a no-kill shelter, so then people have no other recourse but to pay your vet to euthanize your animals. Who do you think is behind all this “no kill” nonsense? Everyone who is losing money when someone else does it more inexpensively and more humanely.

EVERY “animal rights” movement in existence today is ALL about the money and nothing more. Exploiting animals for your own self-serving gains.

Sell some more “Save the cats!” t-shirts!

Start another online organization to rake in the dough that the now-millionaires at HSUS do by exploiting suffering animals. Become as wealthy as they are by doing the same!

How many hits does this site get from exploiting a drowned-cat story? How much revenue in ads?

You’re ALL animal abusing hypocrites. Using their suffering for your OWN financial gain.

What I ask is, why were any of you even born in the first place. You have no redeeming values whatsoever.

26. Woodsman

Oct 18, 2013 at 11:12 am

(repaired link — some sites don’t allow urls and I don’t sit around wasting my time guessing if they do or not: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/tvradio/programmes/horizon/broadband/tx/executions/ )

27. Woodsman

Oct 18, 2013 at 11:19 am

28. Diane Cam

Oct 18, 2013 at 11:42 am

This is disgusting. The entire state of Missouri takes such pride in their horrific treatment of animals. I guess its safe to say This is what happens when you make babies with your parents!

Oct 18, 2013 at 11:50 am

I suggest you travel outside of your mommy’s-basement someday and ask any rancher and farmer in your state how they deal with excess cats. How’s that bambi-cartoon-education you obtained while living a life in feety-pajamas working out for you so far?

• eslaporte

Oct 18, 2013 at 5:18 pm

Wow! still long on psychotic personal insults – but short on substance. May I suggest that you get out of your Rambo fantasies of saving every bird on Planet Earth from cats and ask farmers how they deal with excesses of European starlings?
        Yes, European starlings cause $800 million in damage each year.

I say, send in the cats!

Oct 18, 2013 at 5:52 pm

They shoot and poison the starlings. Same as they do for invasive species cats. And your point is?

29. mosby

Oct 18, 2013 at 12:22 pm

You, Thomas Newhouse, are the evil they were talking about in your church.

30. Nancy

Oct 18, 2013 at 3:14 pm

Why do people stand there and watch? Why not say “I will take your cat?” and then DO it. He should have thought of a better way to “dispose” of the cat, like taking it to a shelter, but presumably all he wanted was for the cat to not be at his house, which would be accomplished by someone else taking it.

31. Reenie

Oct 18, 2013 at 3:38 pm

That fiancé is as big an idiot as the man. Who sits around and watches someone do something so horrific? And because the cat scratched her…cry me a river and then put your cement boots on and jump in it! Both of these people should be so ashamed of themselves. They need more than going to church to redeem themselves. Complete baffoons! Those two deserve each other.

32. Fran

Oct 18, 2013 at 10:07 pm

That cat will be standing at the gates of heaven to tell that man and his girlfriend that they cannot enter. They deserve each other, who else in their right mind would want to be with them. Message to both of them, please do not have children. During the learning process, children can sometimes play rough,I hate to think what might happen if a baby pulls their hair or worse bops them in the face while learning dexterity.

33. Gemma Mitchell

Oct 18, 2013 at 10:19 pm

Get over the politics of this!!! Animal cruelty is still animal cruelty! I don’t give a crap if the cat scratched his fiance or not he could still have just given it to the ASPA and let a good family have adopted it. He didn’t have to kill it! I grew up in the country with plenty of wild cats, dogs, mice, rats whatever. I was bit on the arm by a stray cat when I was 13 and my dad was plenty mad about that but he still found a home for the cat and didn’t kill it for biting his daughter. Good grief people!

Oct 19, 2013 at 3:00 am

Given the cat to a family and then have that family sue him for giving them a dangerous animal that ripped out the eyes of their children? Way smart. This is why people who adopt rabid cats right from shelters that get them from TNR colonies end-up suing the piss out of the shelter and all the vets involved. They willfully and knowingly adopt out rabid cats all the time. They KNOW that giving a rabies shot to a cat that already has rabies does not cure it of rabies. Does this stop them from putting rabid cats into the homes of others? No. So … they end up paying for it for the rest of their sorry, stupid, and miserable lives.

• Geri

Jun 9, 2016 at 7:23 pm

Woodsman SHUT THE F UP!!! I’m so sick of reading your f***ng ignorant bullshit!!YOU F-ING A-HOLE!!!!

34. AJ

Oct 19, 2013 at 12:48 am

I would LUV to put this so called man, more like animal abuser and his fiance in a carrier and submerge them! Lets see how they like it! You are wasted space and air!! KARMA will bite you!!!

Oct 19, 2013 at 3:03 am

The hallmark of every last psychotic cat-licker on earth — they are also a self-professed and self-evident sociopath/psychopath. They would much rather have any humans get hurt or even die than any of their disease-infested vermin cats.

Oct 19, 2013 at 3:06 am

Karma?

I worry about moronic and myopic wildlife-abusing cat-lickers who believe in Karma.

If cat-lickers truly believe in Karma, maybe they’ll be skinned alive or gutted alive someday, then left to flop around and scream in agony — EXACTLY what they allowed their cats do to all other animals. Then hoping their screams can draw the attention of someone with the strength of heart to put them out of their misery. Like I had to do to all the wildlife on my lands that local cat-lickers tortured to death with their cats, my being forced to stomp those poor suffering animals to death with my own boot to hush their agony and torment caused by their cats. I still recall the sound and feeling of small-animals’ skulls popping beneath my foot nearly every other day. Maybe these cat-lickers need to hear that and feel that nearly every other day before they finally comprehend the suffering and torment of all other lives on earth that they are causing with their invasive species cats.

May the cat-lickers who believe in karma hope like hell that I’m not the one to hear their screams for help after something has gutted them alive or skinned them alive one day. I’d just leave them there to thoroughly learn their much-deserved lesson at long-last, not even risk dirtying my boots with their unused gray-matter.

I’d just keep on walking — to a far far better day.

35. TheGoodbyeGirl

Oct 19, 2013 at 6:26 am

I’d like to know what the woman was doing for the cat to lash out and scratch her, normally a cat will run if it feels threatened, so what was this woman doing.

Oct 19, 2013 at 12:34 pm

OH yes, because it is NEVER the cat’s fault. Now is it. When a dog repeatedly attacks humans, that must be the fault of those humans. When a vicious cat attacks 8 people in a community and everyone has to now get rabies shots, of course it was the fault of those 8 independent people. No cat EVER bites or scratches at anything because they NEVER do that. Right? Yet 1-5 billion animals a year are attacked and tortured to death by cats because cats NEVER attack anything just because it moved.

My guess? All the people this cat attacked happened to move enough to trigger a vicious cat’s instincts, and a cat like that needs to be destroyed, A.S.A.P.

Get a clue you sociopathic/psychopathic cat-licker.

IT’S WHAT CATS DO.

And you all claim to know what a cat is.

LOL

• Nancy

Oct 23, 2013 at 4:41 pm

Ah, I’m slow but I finally get it. You’re no doubt a birder. I have a friend who is a cat person as well as a birder, and she told me of going on bird counts and tours and listening to others say absolutely horrible things about cats.

Cats have as much right to be here as birds. Nature is nature – ALL of it.

Oct 24, 2013 at 2:21 am

Well, at least you got one thing right, you ARE slow.

I’m not a birder. I shot and buried hundreds of your invasive species vermin on my lands to stop them from annihilating every last bit of native animals on my lands. From smallest of prey (they even got all the Spring Peepers that would herald-in Spring every year (truly a “Silent Spring”), all the grouse, turkeys, snakes, torturing EVERYTHING to death for their play-toys), up to the topmost predators that cats STARVED TO DEATH by destroying their ONLY food sources.

Cats are a subsidized non-native predator, man-made through selective breeding (your god had nothing to do with it), with the largest prey-base of any known predator on earth. They are DESTROYING the “circle of life”. If the sum of your education comes from sing-along bambi-cartoons then you have no weapons in this argument.

How’s that 3rd-grade diploma from your bible-home-schooled education working out for you? Not so well, I see. Thank your god for your spell-checking smart-phone, eh?

• Nancy

Oct 29, 2013 at 1:07 pm

What you are is simply an ASS. And not worth my time, nor anyone else’s here. Smug your way on with your cute little insults towards people about whom you know absolutely nothing. And be sure to have an effin’ nice day!

36. Chris

Oct 20, 2013 at 7:35 pm

After attending church?!?!?!?!?!?! Satan goes to church apparently.

37. Phillip bishoo

Jul 30, 2017 at 1:18 pm

Enough of this animal rights crap! There are to many cats killing wildlife but you lazy
    Ass cat owners never mention anything along those lines. He killed a vicious cat. Horray! Who is the idiot that saud he should take to a shelter? We all want to get a family pet like this cat.
    What a nimrod!